Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Koplin Family




August 12, 2011

Dearest Gram,

I feel a little out of place writing this note because I am fairly new to this family. I do not have any childhood memories with you only current ones from which to draw.

I can still remember the first time we met; you gave me and Joanie a two week stay at your time share in Mexico. We were at the Pfutzenreuter home in their big house and it was maybe a month or two before our wedding. I was flabbergasted at the generosity and luxury that was handed over to me (a perfect stranger at the time) and Joan. I had two thoughts at that moment: 1. Either Joanie is very loved by her Grandmother or 2. Joanie's grandmother is extremely generous. I think both have proven to be true. Thank you for your generosity. Joanie and I will never forget our wonderful honeymoon together.

I also wan tot tell youthat you are an impressively strong Matriarch. Like a mother hen with her chicks, you protect your family unit from being split a part, you teach them to love one another, you keep them near you, and you love them. All the cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews are friends and they like each other in this family. This is a direct result of your parenting and grand-parenting. You are the life-blood of this family and everyone is allegiant to you and loves you. You hold a very important position, one that cannot be purchased or achieved by anything other than being righteous and loving your family. Thank you for your example in this.

Additionally, you love my children. Nothing means more to me than this. I don't think it's a secret that they love you too.

You are a righteous example to your posterity and to their families. You keep the commandments, you have a testimony of Jesus Christ, and you go to church. Again, you have created a legacy of church activity and righteous living.

Thank you and may the Lord bless you and your family forever. Happy 80th Birthday, Gram!

Love,

Brandon


August 12, 2011

Dearest Gramie,

It is your 80th birthday and thus a time to celebrate. There is much to commemorate on your birthday as we look to years past and the brightness of your future. You may think each year means a new ache in your body but let us not forget all the good you continually do! You are an impressive lady, Gram. You aren’t a passive bystander in the life that you’ve been given. Especially during your eh ehm, shall we say, more mature years. You could easily give the typical excuses that many do your age but you don’t. You are ever devoted to family. It is your greatest legacy! Look at all the lovely people that exist because of you! We are not only an attractive bunch (wink, wink) we are a faithful, driven force for good! We spread your legacy of love and service in our own homes and in the world as we follow your example of love.

I am deeply grateful to you, Gram for keeping all of us together through the years. I have such a deep love and bond with all of my cousins, aunts, and uncles because of the time and money you contributed to make it all happen! I consider my cousins to be my siblings and aunts and uncles to be second parents to me. Thank you for providing us consistent opportunities to be together and build those precious relationships. I feel strongly that because of the support of so many extended family members I now have greater confidence in myself. That confidence has provided me with many opportunities and joy in life.

It is no wonder that you feel passionately about family. Family is at the center of the Gospel plan! You are not quiet about your devotion to the Gospel! I love that bold, confidence about you. You have a lifetime of wisdom and experience to share with everyone. Your testimony is something that you value and that is evidenced through the way you live your life.

Thank you for being such a wise, devoted, loving Matriarch to this great family of ours. I am honored to be your granddaughter and hope to perpetuate the beautiful legacy you have created.

HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY TO OUR GIGI!

I love you SO,

Joanie




No comments:

Post a Comment