Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Ramptons



Dear Grandma,

Hope you're having a great birthday! Wish that we could be there with you to celebrate. We had such a great time when you came out to stay with us. Our kids love you so much; as do I. I think it's great how close you are to Rebecca. I'm sure that you know this already, but the relationship that you have with Rebecca is really special and unique compared to how most grandmothers and granddaughters are. I know that you're especially close to Rebecca. The great thing is that I've been able to feel close to you too because of that. I love how willing you are to make the effort to fly across the country (or even leave the country!) in order to be with us. I've cherished the time that we've spent together--you're always welcome in our home and I hope that you'll come out to North Carolina soon to see us there once we move. Who knows, maybe you'll just love it so much out there that you'll decided to stay with us permanently! Can't wait to see you later in the summer. Take care and I love you.

Marcus




From the time that my memories begin, my grandma was there. She was classy, elegant, and lovely. She knew things about opera and literature. She wore beautiful clothes, she always smelled of Paris perfume, her nails were perfect, her car smelled like expensive leather. I remember the sound of her pearls clinking together as she put them on. I remember watching her every move as she got ready. I remember sitting close to her as she talked to other. I loved to be close to her. I always have. Of all the fancy things I remember about my grandma, the thing that I hold most dear is that she always made me feel like her most prized jewel. I can still hear the sound of my little feet running down the red tile hallway as I ran through grandma's front door. She was always there with a smile that said I was the most important thing in the world, and a hug that would stop time.
There are one million reasons why I love my grandma so much. She is an example, a pillar, a soft place to fall. One thing I admire about her, is that I often see her with her scriptures open. She doesn't leave home without them. And before bed, or in the morning she studies them. I have so many memories of chatting with grandma in her bed or on the couch and her scriptures are right there with us, open, and ready. The Gospel is part of who she is. She tries to apply each teaching to her and help those around her do the same by following her example.
My grandma is always cheerful. She has a big beautiful smile that brightens any room. She is ALWAYS happy to see me. When you go to grandma's house you are always greeted with pure happiness. Without batting an eye she never fails to whip up the most throw together meal and then loves to visit with you while you eat. She is upbeat, she looks on the bright side of things and always has words of encouragement. She appreciate life and all the beauty in it. She loves to explore, to see new places, to try new things. Her zest for life is inspiring.
Grandma is one of my favorite people on earth. I cannot imagine my life without her; her wonderful unconditional love and her undying example of strength, compassion, adventure, joy, and faith. I will have forever a part of my amazing grandmother in me. Her legacy will continue in this family. A legacy of love.

Happy Birthday, Grandma!
I love you with all of my heart.


Love,
Rebecca









No comments:

Post a Comment