Friday, June 24, 2011

The Diamond Family




May 5, 2011

To my dearest favorite Grandma,

Grandma, you are such an inspiration to your children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and friends. In honor of your 80th birthday, I wanted to let you how honored I am to have you as my grandmother. I feel so much gratitude and thank my Heavenly Father for you and the guidance and inspiration that you have given me.

I have so many wonderful memories of you. Do you remember on several occasions mailing me a formal letter inviting me to dinner and to the nutcracker or another ballet? I remember my mother helping me choose a special dress to wear because it was such a special thing to go to a fancy dinner with my grandmother and a play with my grandparents. I love the memory of playing at your house with my cousins and the opportunity to be raised with them like the big family that we are. I think when your wall was crashed into by that drunk driver it was cause for the best hours of fort building and cousin bonding ever. I loved riding my horse to your house by Emigrant Lake and planting a garden and standing in the rain to watching the butcher and learning about dog training when you got Portia, and learning to cook all at that house.

As I’ve grown up, I think the most valuable memories have been your constant love, your advice during our long talks about life, and more importantly your example to me. Grandma, thank you so much for being an amazing Grandmother to all of us. You have been so involved and loving to us all. You have provided so many wonderful memories for us. We are all so lucky to know you let alone have you as our grandmother.

Grandma, I wish you a very happy and wonderful 80th birthday!

Love your oldest granddaughter,

Dyonne



My Dearest Gigi,


Gigi, congrats you are turning twenty this year, well actually this will be your fourth time. However you somehow manage to look as radiant as ever. You have been such an example to me all throughout my life. We have had numerous memories together, like the time that I went to Mexico with you, Aunt Joan, Sabina, and Sascha. One of my favorites was the time that I stayed with you for part of the summer. We played and had lots of fun together.

I wish that this birthday is one of the most memorable birthdays you will ever have. You are a great, strong woman. I love you very much and I appreciate all that you have done for me. Happy 20th Birthday all over again!

I Love You,
MiKayla


Dearest Gigi,

Happy 80th Birthday! How exciting it must be to have all the grandchildren you have and, still be as young and beautiful as you are. I love all the memories I have that I’ve spent with you. I remember when we came to visit you and you took MiKayla and I, horseback riding. Ever since then I just have an even bigger love for horses. I even remember how to ride them very well. My fondest memories are when you and I are in the kitchen, cooking and baking; also, when you taught me how to make a skirt.

I hope you have an amazing birthday. You are an amazing person with a great, strong, confident spirit. I hope you know how much I love you and appreciate you. I want to wish you the happiest of birthdays. And I hope that you are treated like the precious queen that you are. I love you with all of my heart Gram. Happy, happy Birthday!

With all my love,

Sascha

No comments:

Post a Comment