Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Cropper Family


May 1, 2011

In my memory banks, there are two things that are distinctly “Grandma” to me. The first, interesting crafts, and second, designer chocolate.

I remember at the house in Grants Pass, making bowls of paper maché and balloons, and etchings of the temple (I still wonder to this day what gave them that gold color). All in all, your house was always a fun place to be. I’m really glad that you were always one of the more adventurous grandmas that liked to go and try new things rather than stay at home and have us all sort through some button collection or something like that. Granted, Daniel and I were often distracted by cartoon network, but you were great at pulling us back in, getting us to do something useful with our lives.

I think that it usually came from Costco, but somehow someway, you always had the fanciest chocolates around the house…on that note, you always had everything good. Moose tracks ice cream, crunch, and those scotch mints things. I don’t know if that was all for you, or you just knew that we really liked those things and it was for us, but my other memory of you is that you always had the fanciest of things.

So what does that mean? Your house was a fun place to be. It was enlightening, educational, and delicious. I was turned on to new flavors (mint jelly and horse radish) and I always knew that I was loved and cared for while I was there.

Happy birthday Gram, I hope that we can see a lot more of these.

Love, Ian Cropper


April 15, 2011

Dear Grandma Beaton,

Happy Birthday to you! I was thinking about the first time I met you and remember sitting in your living room listening to you tell about your family history to Ian. As I became a part of the family, I have been able to hear more about your family and especially the amazing life adventures you endured. I think you are one impressive and strong woman, and I feel that I learn something valuable every time we visit. Thank you for embracing me into the family and for being so sincerely kind to me.

May you have a very special birthday!

Love, Ashleigh Cropper

P.S. One last thing…YOU MAKE THE BEST PEACH PIE I WILL EVER EAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment